The government provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and for 2015 to 2016, to improve provision of Physical Education and Sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. As we are accountable for this money, the spending and impact of this funding is also monitored by Ofsted.
The amount of grant received
The school has received £8830 from Medway as additional Sports Funding during the academic year 2014-2015. This has been fully allocated to enable a range of improvements.
This money has been used to
- extend existing Specialist Sports Coach provision
- provide additional specialist coaching
- provide additional Sports resources
- maintain club provision
- extend the quantity and variety of inter schools competitive sports provision
- extend the PE and Sport training offer to staff to improve skills
- purchase a support package from the Howard School’s Sports Partnership, further supporting leadership development and additional coaching
The school has managed to maintain its 2 hour sports provision.
As a result of this additional provision pupils have had access to an increased range of competitive sports and a wide range of clubs for enjoyment.
The school reviews its sports enrichment programme annually.